OUR TOP 10 INSIDER TIPS FOR CREATING A POWERFUL RESUME
1. Forget making it fit on one page! You are an experienced executive: 2 or 3 pages will better enable you to showcase all your various expertise.
2. Choose your title and opening statement carefully. They are key to aligning you with the right assignments.
3. Showcase what sets you apart, your favourite industries, the fields you specialize in, your greatest strengths, the contexts in which you are most comfortable working, etc.
4. Always list your professional experience in reverse chronological order.
5. If you are currently employed, note the date at which you will become available.
6. Only share information that sheds pertinent light on your skill set and achievements.
7. Don’t be afraid to use technical terms specific to your profession.
8. Be factual, provide exact figures and demonstrate your effectiveness with examples of situations you have managed.
9. Only mention languages in which you can actually work (don’t bother with languages in which you only can read or write or speak).
10. Focus on the IT systems and tools you’ve used or rolled out.